Clive Rolfe and his team at ET Law Limited are delighted to be supporting St Ann’s Hospice with the ‘Will Week’ Campaign.
St Ann’s Hospice cares and helps around 3,000 patients (over the age of 16) and their families and carers every year who are affected by cancer and non-cancer life limiting illnesses.
Instead of paying the usual solicitor’s fee, client’s are invited to make a donation to the Hospice, with a minimum donation of £90 for a basic Will, £135 for a pair of mirror Wills and £40 for a codicil.
So far, Clive has completed 14 wills in support of this wonderful Hospice.
Here are a few things you should know about St Ann’s Hospice:
- Only a third of the Hospice’s funding comes from the NHS, the rest comes from donations – the Hospice needs to raise £16,000 every day
- Almost 94p in every £1 raised is spent on patient care
- All it’s services are free to patients
- St Ann’s helps around 3,000 people every year, serving a population of around 1.2 million people (from across Greater Manchester and parts of Cheshire)
- Around 40% of people return home from St Ann’s Hospice after receiving care
- Care services are provided by around 300 outstanding Hospice employees and assisted by nearly 800 enthusiastic volunteers
- The Hospice helps people with a range of conditions, cancer and non-cancer
- Having celebrated it’s 40th anniversary in 2011, the Hospice is one of the oldest in the country
- St Ann’s Hospice has 3 locations, providing care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 2 of those – with support 7 days a week within the community
- On top of the £16,000 a day they need to raise just to keep the doors open, they have a ’wish list’ to raise the additional funds needed to maintain the buildings and provide more specialist equipment
- The charity has 15 charity shops, including specialist wedding, vintage and furniture shops