Complaints Handling Policy:
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our Complaints Procedure:
If you have a complaint, please contact Mrs Eve Underhill, our Practice and Operations Manager at Reedham House 31 – 33 King Street West Manchester M3 2PN with the details. We have eight weeks to consider your complaint. If we have not resolved it within this time you may complain to the Legal Ombudsman.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three working days of receiving, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our client care director, Sarah La Rocca, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- Sarah La Rocca will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. She will do this within 14 working days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within 3 working days of the meeting, Sarah La Rocca will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Sarah La Rocca will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his/her suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 working days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for another Director to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 14 working days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact theLegal Ombudsman
PO Box 6806
WV1 9WJAbout your complaint. Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman (www.legalombudsman.org.uk) within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint or within a year of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or you becoming aware of it). For further information you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.